Tuesday, July 8, 2014

Introducing Baby #3...

Scout Elizabeth Harris 
Born July 7th, 2014
6 pounds 6 ounces 



I was dying to get her out of me, I was super uncomfortable and had hoped my dr. would induce me before July 4th, but she was out of town and so I had an appointed schedule for the following Tuesday hoping though she would come sooner. I was dilated to a 4 but once again no consistent contractions, so we went about our weekend celebrating the 4th, going boating and just waiting for her to arrive. Monday around 3 am or so I woke up to go to the bathroom and thought maybe I was leaking some fluid but nothing to big I went back to bed and in the morning took the kids to the park with my mom. I was walking around the park while the boys played trying to get my contractions going. I still thought maybe I was leaking fluid and decided maybe I'd go up to the hospital to get checked knowing if I was they'd let me stay. Before that though we took the boys to get lunch at Mcdonalds and as I was getting out of the car and unbuckling Noah from his carseat I had one hard contraction and the gush...my water broke right here in the Mcdonalds parking lot. SO classy. Well I called Larry knowing I wanted to get up to the hospital ASAP incase she came quick. He came over and mom my took the boys in to play. We went right up to the hospital and got all checked in. I walked the halls for awhile until my dr. came in the talk to me. We decided to get some pitocin going and get me my epidural. Not more the 10 minutes after the pitocin was in I was reading to push, my epidural had been placed and as I lay back down I knew it was time to push, the pressure with her was crazy and I couldn't wait for the dr. I sat up and said sorry I gotta push. Everyone knew I would be fast but it was still so funny how quick it goes. I pushed her out in 3 contractions and man it felt good to get her out! She was screaming from the get go! She was beautiful all pink and tiny. Giving birth is the highlight for me, I love to do it, I'd do it over and over if I could. It's so special and it's always so amazing to me what my body can do! Larry and I ordered pizza and settled in for the night holding that sweet little bundle. Words can't express how in love I am with her. 

Scout is a beautiful baby, she is very fussy and has a hard time settling down. She LOVES to nurse and latched on quickly and would do it 24/7 if possible. Her brothers love her and love to come check on her and hold her. Noah calls her baby scout, like its her full name. I love that they are all so close in age, its nuts but seeing the family we have creating is pretty amazing. 
Welcome to the family baby girl!! 

No comments:

Post a Comment